Solvent Removable Visible Dye Penetrant
Developed for preventative maintenance, control checks and weld inspection, SKL-SP2 is a rich, vivid red dye penetrant for Type 2 penetrant testing in visible white light.
This solvent-removeable penetrant is designed to provide complete, consistent test-surface coverage with minimal product for an optimal balance of reliability, performance and value. SKL-SP2 dependably locates surface flaws and discontinuities with a simple three-step process that is ideal for basic industrial NDT and for people looking to get into nondestructive testing.
This colour-contrast penetrant meets all NDT specifics for dye penetrant testing and can be used on a wide variety of metals, including non-ferrous and ferrous, and on non-porous ceramics.
- Outstanding penetrating characteristics
- Vivid, high-contrast red colour
- Superior flaw resolution
- Excellent reliability
- Wide range of applications
- Solvent removeable
- ISO 3452 sensitivity level #2
- Can be used for Method B, Method C and Method D
- Simple, easy-to-use process
- Good surface wetting
- Optimised capillary action
- Works in visible light
- Very low toxicity
- Low odour
Fastest inspection processing
- Reliable, simple 3-step process is a convenient and easy-to-use solution for preventative maintenance and control checks
- Quickly and completely covers the entire test surface due to high surface wetting
- Remove excess penetrant without water to eliminate the need to dry parts before applying developer
Dependable and convenient to use
- Easy to carry and use in the field with the convenient aerosol cans which are carefully designed for consistent, even coverage and maximum test area coverage.
- Use in all conditions without the need for darkness or UV lights
Maximum indication detection
Produces strong, vibrant indications thanks to the bright, vibrant red colour, especially when used with SKD-S2 solvent-based developer.
Wide application versatility
- Inspect a wide range of components without fear of corrosion or specification non-conformance
- Meets AMS 2644 and is NDT-approved for professional industrial applications
Product Data Sheet